- Never provide your personal information
in response to an unsolicited request.
If you did not initiate the communication, you should not provide
- If you believe the contact
may be legitimate, contact the
financial institution yourself. You should be the one
to initiate the contact, using contact information that you have
- Never provide your password over the phone or in response
unsolicited Internet request.
- Always use secure Web sites when
submitting credit card or other
personal information that you initiate.
- Review account statements
regularly to ensure all charges are correct.
- DO NOT click on links
provided in suspect emails.
- DO NOT open any attachments from unsolicited
- DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED by emails or callers who
consequences if you do not immediately provide information.
credit union or any affiliated company would never solicit personal and
or/private information via email or text