The Pocatello Railroad Federal Credit Union has been
members since 1935. We are a non-profit financial institution,
owned and controlled by our members. Our Mission is to serve the
personal financial needs of our members efficiently and vigorously.
Our Vision is to become the primary financial institution for the entire credit
membership-guided by financial integrity and member service.
Established on July 30, 1935, the Pocatello Railroad Federal Credit Union was
the first credit union in Idaho. Pocatello Railroad Federal Credit Union has
history of strength and stability and is committed to long-lasting relationships
our current and future members.
- July 30, 1935 - Pocatello Railroad Employees Federal Credit
established. The story is that the Credit Union started out of
railroad employee's lunch box.
The field of membership included
railroad employees, members of
their families, and associations
of such employee.
- 1956 - The Credit Union reached
the $1 million mark, with 2 fulltime
employees, and 2 sometimes 3 part-time employees.
- 1973 - Merged with the Glens Ferry Railroad Employees
Federal Credit Union
- 1976 - Pocatello Office was remodeled. Office went
from 3 teller windows to 6 windows plus a walk-up
- 1984 - Merged with the Paul Robert's Credit Union
- March 1986 - Name changed from Pocatello Railroad
Employees Federal Credit Union to Pocatello
Railroad Federal Credit Union
- 1987 - Merged with Gem State Federal Credit Union
- 1988 - Members of the Shoshone-Bannock Tribes
were accepted into the field of membership
- 1990 - Merged with GarretFreightLines Employees Federal Credit
- April 2005 - New Chubbuck branch opened